Wednesday, 2 December 2015

Power Through

The past few days have been hard. It was if I was working non-stop yet nothing was getting any further, it was just a constant uphill battle. What was more annoying was that I knew what I had to do but I just didn't know what order. Part of me was leaning more towards working on the soundscape and then animating in time to the music but then I needed to see the visuals to figure out what the sounds would be and where.

Layers of coded 'waves'
I keyframes the Y axis for each wave

So I made a list and just - powered through. It's always annoying when you get to stage of a project, when it's no longer creative it's just a bit draining. I was also faced with the problem of needed to heavily use a program I don't normally use, that being Illustrator.

As I said before Lynda.com has been my friend and a lot of last minute Google-ing has happened during the making of this project. Something I haven't been able to figure out yet is how to make something look less 'adobe-manufactured' in illustrator, or After Effects for that matter meaning right now I'm not best pleased with the outcome but I'm just going to go with it and get it finished, then I can make it look pretty again.

I also put fillers in for the information points so I could figure out time whilst still working on the graphic


                           

This is how the video looked at the end of a few hours work on Wednesday, not that much of a difference which is really annoying but hopefully tomorrow will be more productive. Although I did figure out how to get the wave to move the way I wanted it too, now I just have to animate the rest properly.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com