Tuesday, 26 January 2016

Working from home is hard

Due to a family emergency I had to come back to Middlesbrough for the week without any real plan of how I was going to work around missing Uni. I get quite restless when I don't have anything to do so I just started doing what I normally do when stressed - planning.

A mini timetable showing the end of Feb - March
For the dance video I wanted to expand on my post-production skills whether in sound or video editing I haven't really decided, both if possible. However I do enjoy the pre-production process so when Megan approached me about producing her idea it was a no-brainer. In the workshop I also spoke about an idea I had of a dancer dancing using paint and the paint flying everywhere so when the dance is over the camera would pan up and reveal the artwork that the flying paint had created. A long shot from the idea of a dancer warming up and stretching before entering a bath of milk. But we got talking and we thought about merging the two ideas however after that we both got caught up in different projects and didn't get to speak much about it other than who we are going to get to crew our project - Emily was then brought on as Head of Production Design.

Afterwards I went out and bought myself a new notebook because unless I physically write something down 9 times out of 10 I will forget it. The first thing I did was split my book into 3 sections (as this was mainly for Fields and Frames development) and draw up a potential timetable for the Dance Video, mapping out when we had tutorials and using them as mini-deadlines giving us something to aim for. This is primarily so the group can start working on F+F and know when to plan out their work so things don't clash.  You can see a full digital version here.

I'm still pooling together research and have a few books on hold for when I return but I'm afraid the next tutorial will be me playing catch up and working around Open Days (Work are being very understanding and letting me leave for 20-25 minutes at a low point in the day - I just need to work this into the tutorial sign ups). But other than that I'm still here but I miss my desk and the library, next week I'll hopefully be back to normal. 

1 comment :

  1. Hi Rachel. Hope things are as Ok as they can be and glad to see you are still planning, missing Uni etc. Looking forward to seeing you soon and sorry you are going to miss Alumni Event tomorrow :(

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com