Sunday, 4 December 2016

I Tried OK

I tried to make my own concept art however I'm not sure how well I conveyed my ideas...

Scene 1 Wild Man of the Woods
Here Emrys is trapped by the trees, constantly trying to get out but never succeeding until he becoming magical (shown by the orb beginning to glow). It is then he get's out of the trees and goes to the next scene.
Scene 2 Shakespearean Magic
Here Emrys is trapped in a circle (a nod to Shakespeare's Globe) it's set in space to show the vastness of Merlins legend. Next to it is a nod to the incarnation of John Dee by showing astrological constellations, these constellations shown are known for their longevity and are easily recognised.
Scene 3 Gandalf and Dumbledore
Emry's once again is trapped in the enclosure but this time is surrounded by representations of Gandalf and Dumbledore. The enclosure moves but does not let Emrys leave it's confinement - Emrys essentially watches the conversation between his 2 incarnations before freeing himself into the next scene.
Scene 4 Young Merlin
 Here Emrys is young and (seemingly) free. However he is surrounded by other incarnations such as Guais and The Great Dragon - these incarnations are prominent at first but then stay behind as the young Merlin gains knowledge and power.

Finally the animation goes through each scene backwards similar to that of Theory of Everything.


Before going back to a black screen where the original frame is shown - restarting the loop. 

This all matched up to my storyboards;

Scene 1

Scene 2

Scene 3

Scene 4
Which then matches up to my script;





I split it into 2 columns as this isn't a regular film script, this script relies heavily on the visuals to make sense just as much as the visuals rely on the sound. It also includes the Middle Welsh translation of the poetry which will be mixed in the edit to be spoken at the same time as the English version. Keeping it too it's roots but also making it understandable to the English audience.

Here is a link to my presentation for assessment day where I give brief notes on the entire production.

Also I'm aware that my drawing skills aren't amazing - but I tried OK.






No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com