To say I'm nervous bout this impending phone call is an understatement. I write this now sat at my desk with my phone next to me waiting, with multiple tabs open about the Hogs Back Brewery and a word document with ideas.
Now you see I can write to people, I can explain myself in writing, I can explain myself in video (with the help of editing) however talking on the phone just isn't fun. You can't see a persons expressions, you can't gauge their reaction or if they are noting things down. Over all it's just not a fun experience. But I'm doing it anyway because it's our best bet of getting the Brewery on board with our idea.
What is our idea?
An interactive documentary highlighting the Brewery's history, it's workers and the beer itself. Couldn't be more straight forward yet also couldn't be more complicated. Now saying you'll do an interview with someone is all well and good but if that person doesn't have a personality on camera than you're pretty screwed. There is no light way to word that I'm afraid. After doing some research I've found out the Brewery was founded by 2 friends Marting Zillwood-Hunt and Anthony Stanton-Precious, now to interview these two men would be interesting, interviewing them together even more so! If you set up a business together you must bounce well off each other and be comfortable around each other, either way I'll see what I can do.
For now we are just explaining ourselves, who we are and what our intentions are. Our original intention was to have a running question yet due to our current lack of knowledge on the subject on whole we don't really have one question. Perhaps Jill can help us out with that.
We've also been in contact with Farnham Pottery and will continue to be in contact with them to see how the ideas will differ if we go ahead with them.
Either way it's 4:43pm, the phone still has not rang and my statement from before still stands, it's impossible to gauge how nervous I am because the limit does not exist.
Monday, 10 November 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
*thumbs up* this was fun to read, I hate calls myself but you're doing awesome!!
ReplyDelete