Friday, 30 January 2015

Digital Memory

Frames from all 9 Harry Potter Films in Chronological Order
As I've been thinking about the Photography project I've been leaning more and more Digital Memory, after my experimental 'fail' something I did find interesting was the use of the internet in how I got the images for the Merlin Filmography slideshow (Thank you ColinMorfan and LadyOfTheLake on Tumblr!). Whilst I don't intend to make the project interactive, I did start thinking of art that is made in Tumblr/Internet fan-bases, something that caused a lot of comments on Tumblr (something I saw years ago and is still popular today) was the use the key-frames in an image. A fan had condensed the key frames/key colours from the Harry Potter series into one long image, I find this fascinating as just looking at the colours, they way they get darker as each film ends, the colours get cooler as the series goes on and finally the white line near the right of the image symbolizing “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light.” - or at least that's how Potter fans look at it.

So my initial idea for the project is very similar, but instead of using films I'm going to use Digital home movies, therefore creating a tangible object (the photograph) out of something that in a few years time might not be readable (MP4 files). Whilst I dabbled with this technique a few years back I haven't really looked at it since, I'll post here when I have a first draft!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com