Sunday, 25 January 2015

Regeneration

When I first looked at this title I was reminded of a photography style that went around Tumblr Fandoms a while back in which fans who were touring the set of the Film/TV shows would print out stills from the feature and match the image up with the tour they were on. It's something I loved looking at especially if the series is over, it brings a person back to that episode or feeling - regenerating it.

However I decided to look for a different approach and with a quick search I found Regeneration, The Photographers' Gallery, I really loved the concept of taking existing photos and making them into something different, so after looking at some other links to their work (Here) I decided to have a flick through my own photos (all taken between now and September 2014) and see what I could make of them now.
Virginia Echeverria, Untitled, (2013)

What I find intriguing about Unititled is how seamless the edits are, they are very simple and add to the portrait rather than take away. I feel it is very easy to get carried away in these types of edit but the subtly of the colours and their placement give this image in particular a graceful presence.

For my take on this project I decided to go a bit outside of the box because I just wanted to try something new. I don't have a graphics tablet so I was just drawing little sketches in my sketchbook, photographing them and editing them in photoshop. Now this isn't something I do often as I try to stay away from unnatural photoshopping so this was out of my comfort zone but at the same time pretty fun. Also drawing is not my strong point so, it's the thought that counts.













No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com