Imagine the powder, the extension of her body as she dances symbolising the pain and the brutality of dance, flying through the air as she scoops it from the ground and throws it around her body. It stays in the air, floating like fog until it suddenly drops to the floor when she stops her performance.
I want that.
But how?
On Friday we met with our dancer for the first time and she's lovely, great to work with and has only ever worked with production companies before and claimed the main reason she offered to work with us was because we were interesting - which means a lot to us. We did a rehearsal/improv session going through each chapter of the dance leaving the big performance till last, and she went for it.
Megan put together a video of the rehearsal to show to Pi so when we next meet she will be able to have learnt the dance, something I loved at the end of the performance was she did this little jump to signify the end of the main performance and all I could imagine was the powder falling down around her to also signify the end. And now I want it. This would be the second VFX shot we have in the film the first being a camera trick mirror shot in which the audience is tricked into thinking the camera is a mirror.
My current thought process is to make the powder in a 3D animation almost or stock-footage, do the 3D landscape again with the backdrop the furthest away and the dancer rotoscoped out near the front, then add the powder in the middle and just in front of the dancers layer. Add some 3D lighting and CGI camera movement it should work. But I need to try it first. This week we will again be meeting with our dancer and I'm hoping to get some of the equipment out of stores that we'll be using on set to have a practice with the rest of the team as well. Whilst also doing pre-vis on the effects so I know in advance on any shots we need to get that I may not of thought about.
But for now I'm working on the shoot approval and production packs, minus the location permissions because still haven't signed off on a location yet - but we're getting there.
Also £219 on Indiegogo! Plus hopefully our fundraiser at the SU, I think we're on the right track.
My current thought process is to make the powder in a 3D animation almost or stock-footage, do the 3D landscape again with the backdrop the furthest away and the dancer rotoscoped out near the front, then add the powder in the middle and just in front of the dancers layer. Add some 3D lighting and CGI camera movement it should work. But I need to try it first. This week we will again be meeting with our dancer and I'm hoping to get some of the equipment out of stores that we'll be using on set to have a practice with the rest of the team as well. Whilst also doing pre-vis on the effects so I know in advance on any shots we need to get that I may not of thought about.
But for now I'm working on the shoot approval and production packs, minus the location permissions because still haven't signed off on a location yet - but we're getting there.
Also £219 on Indiegogo! Plus hopefully our fundraiser at the SU, I think we're on the right track.
I found this performance just recently, here the powder is used to show her transition into dancing with joy and passion, something she discovered whilst with her friends at the beach. Beautifully shot and just a really nice, feel-good film.
No comments :
Post a Comment