For the VFX project I've decided to use the film Labyrinth (1986) because it is so quirky, odd and just interesting. The title itself offers an image - a maze, perhaps I could use that to my advantage here?
I'm leaning more towards animation and text animation since it's something I'm really interested in anyway and would love to know more about, plus it fits the storyline. The entire movie is driven by a book and the very specific words within it, so why can't the title sequence.
I'm thinking of almost drawing the maze and as the maze is drawn the names of the actors appears - such as flipping downward in this screenshot. Or the maze could reveal it etc. I'm trying to remember how we did a certain effect in class but I need to remember the specific name of the effect, something to do with shape paths? I'll figure it out eventually.
I've drew up some storyboards (however they looked pretty similar to my last AE project, Image Factory) so I'm trying to take a different approach but for now I'm sticking to research however the deadline is pretty close which is terrifying. I'll find some time later this week to start my composition.


No comments :
Post a Comment