Monday, 16 November 2015

I'm OK at this?

Something I'm not proud of is that as a person I am absolutely terrified of failure to the point where it genuinely hinders my learning. One of the downsides to coming into a very technical course without any real technical background was then when it come to practical projects there is always someone better skilled than me at certain things, camera work and lighting included. So I never really tried to do those jobs because there are people who are better at it than me and if my camera work isn't very good then we'll all get marked down because of it.

But the major flaw in that plan is I
never learn how to do those things, this year I am a bit more confident with my work and I'm trying my hand and lighting for instance but in non-Uni based work. I also tried out the Glide-cam. Now this was terrifying to me, thousands of pounds worth of equipment on the end of a stick? Nope, not something I care to think about. It wasn't until I realised that dance training is actually useful in this case that I decided to have go. Dance training has never really came in handy for me since I stopped dancing however having a steady walk and centre of gravity whilst using a steady-cam is actually pretty useful. I wasn't as bad at it as I thought I would be and it was actually really fun.

I'm not saying I'm going to be transferring all my energy into being a cinematographer anytime soon but I'll be willing to give a shot, maybe not on Uni project yet but personal projects? Sure why not.

Filming with the Green Screen in G12
I also used the studio for my Maps and Journeys shoot - shot on a standard tripod, nothing that interesting if I'm being honest but the big studio isn't that scary anymore and I call that progress.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com