![]() |
| My brainstorming for buy set build materials |
So now we have a finalised set design and we start building on Wednesday I started making a list/pricing up everything we need for the set with the intention of going out with Emily tomorrow to buy everything so on Wednesday everything is there ready to go. I spoke to Chris briefly the other day about sizing and how we came to the conclusion we could use around 8 flats with the set being 12ft by16ft (Actually make that 8ft by 12ft, I didn't realise how big the other was!).
I made the list of the B&Q website and tried to match up measurements to the best of my knowledge, I also looked at other suppliers in farnham but they were all a lot more expensive than B&Q. I also included equipment (everything except nails, I need to speak to Chris again first) but I remembered that a while back some of the class said they had a lot of painting equipment at home so I need to ask them first before I head out and buy everything new, I also need to check to see if the studio has dust sheets available.
The only problem I'm currently facing is transport, a lot of the class are using the self-directed days to work on their maps and journeys projects meaning that we don't have access to a car, something that's pretty important if we're buying a door. (I'm still trying to find a way of building a door frame instead of buying one, but I'll see how far I get with that). Jonny is holding auditions on Tuesday, meaning a decision will be made in time for Mirella to go out and buy costumes in the following days. I may be living in a bit of a dream world but I would like to have the main set built/wallpapered on the Wednesday in time for a coat of paint on the Thursday, have that dry over night then have a second coat done on the Friday morning so we can start dressing the set on Friday night ready to have final touches done on the Monday morning before we shoot.
Lots of organising once again but there seems to be an end in sight - which I am very grateful for!
I made the list of the B&Q website and tried to match up measurements to the best of my knowledge, I also looked at other suppliers in farnham but they were all a lot more expensive than B&Q. I also included equipment (everything except nails, I need to speak to Chris again first) but I remembered that a while back some of the class said they had a lot of painting equipment at home so I need to ask them first before I head out and buy everything new, I also need to check to see if the studio has dust sheets available.
The only problem I'm currently facing is transport, a lot of the class are using the self-directed days to work on their maps and journeys projects meaning that we don't have access to a car, something that's pretty important if we're buying a door. (I'm still trying to find a way of building a door frame instead of buying one, but I'll see how far I get with that). Jonny is holding auditions on Tuesday, meaning a decision will be made in time for Mirella to go out and buy costumes in the following days. I may be living in a bit of a dream world but I would like to have the main set built/wallpapered on the Wednesday in time for a coat of paint on the Thursday, have that dry over night then have a second coat done on the Friday morning so we can start dressing the set on Friday night ready to have final touches done on the Monday morning before we shoot.
Lots of organising once again but there seems to be an end in sight - which I am very grateful for!

No comments :
Post a Comment