A 1-2 minute advert focusing on the hidden nature of domestic abuse, following a character watching TV in his home, oblivious to the abuse happening in the adjacent room. The advert will focus on the hidden nature of domestic abuse, how it can often go unnoticed and its direct impact on the victim. The goal is to raise awareness on how to spot the signs of domestic abuse, promote helplines, and most importantly encourage people not to ignore the issue when they notice the signs. This will be achieved by utilising skills developed in the professional toolkit units.
A 2 minute long campaign film focusing on the stigma against male domestic abuse victims. Based on the classic sitcom the campaign will open with the male lead entering the set talking to a friend about how how his partner has been hitting him. At this point you will hear a generic laugh track. This will continue often with his friend quipping in remarks about ‘manning up’ and ‘don’t be a wimp’. The laugh track will continue until the character notices it and address the fact that it’s not a funny subject, at this point the actor will look directly into the camera breaking the fourth wall. Tracking backwards the camera will reveal the set (eg lighting, other cameras sound equipment) showing the audience how the media control our perceptions of abuse alongside the actor who will be speaking about the importance of the stigma being dropped.
And now to this;
A 2 minute long campaign film focusing on the stigma against male domestic abuse victims. Based on the classic sitcom the campaign will open with the male lead entering the set talking to a friend about his recent family holiday. Whilst talking the friend will leave the set and go to grab a beer from the kitchen, at this point the camera will zoom in on the male lead as he sits on the sofa. Sounds from the kitchen and object around the room will become more prominent and the character will be very much in his own world. Once the camera is in a close up a bottle will be heard smashing in the kitchen causing the male lead to jump, linking back to the story regarding his wife bottling him on holiday . At this point his friend will come back into the living room where he will be trying to remove a stain from his shirt before asking the male lead if everything is ok. The male lead will then say the smash made him jump to which his friend will reply that it was only a bottle smash. At this point the male lead will look at his hands saying 'Yeah, man up'. And if I have any say in the matter it won't be changing again. After some very tense meetings I finally feel comfortable saying that we will get everything done on time as long as everyone works together as, to be quite frank, we don't have any time left. So far we've had around 7 production meetings (some of which the minutes from the meetings can be found here, here and here). I will say I'm quite comfortable leading meetings of this size as it's something I've done a lot of in the past, so I'd like to say I'm pretty good at it although some people may disagree. In the past week since the idea change around I have found myself becoming stricter with people regarding deadlines and changing ideas simply because when you look at the timetable (found here) you can clearly see that time isn't on our side. We also had a move around with the job roles (found here) to make sure everyone had a job to do during the shoot. In the past few days we've had a script drawn up (here is one of the later drafts of the script) and after meeting with Anne we made some changes as a group to make the script easier to work with on a creative level, the final version of the script will be ready by Tuesday. Once the script is finalised that means the Director/Storyboard Artist can work with the D.O.P on the shot types and storyboards of which I hope to have by Thursday to look over and finalised by Friday so that the Ast. Director can figure out our shoot schedule and the Lighting director can get started on plans for the shoot. I guess what I'm trying to say is, we're getting there. I'm working my way down a checklist from last year and it's working in my favour I mean look - the risk assessment is almost done and everything. Just hang in there, everything is going to be fine.
A 2 minute long campaign film focusing on the stigma against male domestic abuse victims. Based on the classic sitcom the campaign will open with the male lead entering the set talking to a friend about his recent family holiday. Whilst talking the friend will leave the set and go to grab a beer from the kitchen, at this point the camera will zoom in on the male lead as he sits on the sofa. Sounds from the kitchen and object around the room will become more prominent and the character will be very much in his own world. Once the camera is in a close up a bottle will be heard smashing in the kitchen causing the male lead to jump, linking back to the story regarding his wife bottling him on holiday . At this point his friend will come back into the living room where he will be trying to remove a stain from his shirt before asking the male lead if everything is ok. The male lead will then say the smash made him jump to which his friend will reply that it was only a bottle smash. At this point the male lead will look at his hands saying 'Yeah, man up'. And if I have any say in the matter it won't be changing again. After some very tense meetings I finally feel comfortable saying that we will get everything done on time as long as everyone works together as, to be quite frank, we don't have any time left. So far we've had around 7 production meetings (some of which the minutes from the meetings can be found here, here and here). I will say I'm quite comfortable leading meetings of this size as it's something I've done a lot of in the past, so I'd like to say I'm pretty good at it although some people may disagree. In the past week since the idea change around I have found myself becoming stricter with people regarding deadlines and changing ideas simply because when you look at the timetable (found here) you can clearly see that time isn't on our side. We also had a move around with the job roles (found here) to make sure everyone had a job to do during the shoot. In the past few days we've had a script drawn up (here is one of the later drafts of the script) and after meeting with Anne we made some changes as a group to make the script easier to work with on a creative level, the final version of the script will be ready by Tuesday. Once the script is finalised that means the Director/Storyboard Artist can work with the D.O.P on the shot types and storyboards of which I hope to have by Thursday to look over and finalised by Friday so that the Ast. Director can figure out our shoot schedule and the Lighting director can get started on plans for the shoot. I guess what I'm trying to say is, we're getting there. I'm working my way down a checklist from last year and it's working in my favour I mean look - the risk assessment is almost done and everything. Just hang in there, everything is going to be fine.
No comments :
Post a Comment