Friday, 18 November 2016

The Creeping Waves....

Why does it suddenly feel like February is far closer than it actually is!

Anyway I'm currently on track to have the day-by-day breakdown for the film shoot by Next Monday (Nov 21st) which is good and makes everyone a bit less stressed. Just seeing everything planned seems to calm everyone down - me especially. 

Aside from that I've been working on the videos for the Indiegogo campaign. Having made one last year I realized that keeping attention is key so I had a look at some other campaign videos to see how they did it.  A short but sweet video, colorful and atmospheric, didn't give too much away but gave away enough to garner interest and high quality. To show we mean business. And also to make people trust us with their money.


This video uses footage shot on location by Klara and Tom, sound by Jonny and Duane, storyboards by Chris and excerpts of the script. A fairly good overview of the film I'd say.

A lot of this video was sheer gut instinct, I wasn't working with people (faces), I didn't have to worry about cutting people off on a strange frame or a blink. I did have to treat the locations almost as a character to try and relate what was being said and what was happening on screen. At the beginning I wanted the theatre to feel like a beach, the chairs being the waves, the stage appearing vast and open. I wanted the two worlds Logan inhabits to juxtapose to show her conflict - it may only appear that way to me but it makes sense in my head.



Video shot in G28 - this was originally supposed to join not he end of the other video but it didn't have the same atmosphere about it so it was decided that it would become a different video.

Once again it's keeping the flow of words rolling, keeping the audiences attention and ultimately showing that we are reliable (yet fun and semi-relaxed....) and just putting a name to a face. A lot of Indiegogos that don't have a personal touch to them don't do that well mainly due to the fact that people don't trust the internet itself, they do however trust the people on it. Occasionally anyway.





In this video Megan asked for a GIF however Adobe don't allow Mac users access to the GIF option? Not entirely sure why,  I did spend far too long looking for it, but I exported the video so that Megan can just drop this video into premier and make it into a GIF (hence the subtitles).


So that's my contribution to the Wallpaper campaign (along with my deadline submission). I hope you like it - the audience seems to have been happy with it if their donations are anything to go by! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com