Coming up the visuals of the piece is driving me slightly insane because I'm not sure I feel comfortable leaving it as a 'Radio piece with visuals' but at the same time I don't want to over estimate my ability to make something 'graduation show' worthy through animation.
As I learnt in Y2 my animation skills are few and far between with my actual design skills lacking more so. This is something I'm trying to fix but it's not something that I can change over night, hence why I'm playing to my strengths within technical drawings and abstract shapes. I'm aiming to have storyboards done for this piece around Nov 22nd with the hope of animating them to a brief soundtrack in time for assessment. But first I need to do some research, so here that is.
Flow, A Short Abstract Animation from Snowleopard24 on Vimeo.
Like here for instance, I love the ending scene with the pink plants glowing and swaying.
![]() |
| Still image from 'Flow, A Short Abstract Animation |
I like the vastness of the image and the serenity it brings with it's colour. It feels magical but is also representing science and structure, with nature and the human body being represented through the organisms glowing like electrodes in the brain. To me this demonstrates knowledge something Merlin without fail has throughout history. It's a similar idea to Avatar (2009 Dir James Cameron) in which the Na'vi are creatures who can connect to nature and acquire (download) knowledge from their ancestors.
![]() |
| Avatar (2009) GIF Found here |
![]() |
| Here the Na'vi connect themselves to nature to help save one of the films main Characters |
Nokta . from Onur Senturk on Vimeo.
In this film I'm drawn to the fact that the sculptures created still feel real, the audience is connected to the object and enthralled by it, they want to know more. One of the aims I have with this project is to make people are curious as I was when I was first starting to learn about Arthurian legends.
Whilst researching I found a really interesting tutorial that I may have to look at soon so I'm keeping it here for safe keeping.
After Effects Tutorial - Abstract Plexus Shape from graphicINmotion on Vimeo.
What I'm getting from this (very brief) piece of research is the flow of the piece and the colours I'm aiming to use. The colours will change throughout the piece but this has helped a lot with coming up with the colour scheme and getting ideas of the motion of the piece.
I also think I'm going to come up a narrative/story/script to this piece to help it flow a bit better, that will be coming soon!



No comments :
Post a Comment