Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Creative Challenge

So a few days ago I got an email from Uni talking about an extra curricular called the 'Creative Challenge' in which a group of students from across all campus' take a creative idea and carry through multiple stages to it's possible creation. Now when I signed up I didn't realise I needed an idea ready to pitch on that day (3 days time) and panicked.

I started scribbling down ideas at around 12am when I had just finished watching Emma Watsons UN speech on Feminism (my last post about it, honestly, it's just a coincidence). The brief was to do something to help people, now my creative outlet is videos and I look up to Youtubers a great deal. One of those Youtubers is Carrie Hope Fletcher, she makes videos about her life and advice videos requested by her teen audience. She also calls herself your 'honorary big sister' so you can write to her about your life and she will reply even though she has over 500,000 subscribers.

My initial idea was to create a network of girls from different backgrounds to just talk about their lives, how they dealt with specific situations and just give and overview on what someone is a similar situation can do. Just be a role model for young girls, main stream media is all about pulling apart young girls self esteem why can't non-main stream media be the exact opposite.  

Now this spiralled into, once again, a political ideology and produced a list of touchy subjects to be made into documentaries and self-help guides.

Pretty deep for a person who was blogging about dragons and magical worlds a few posts ago.



The back of my notebook from 12am Monday morning.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com