I live my life through the internet, there isn’t a day that
I don’t check Tumblr/Twitter/Youtube so I’m constantly surrounded by people who
have made a living off those websites, meaning they have a rather large fanbase
but no real team around them, it’s just them.
Now I have always believed being in complete control of your own work on
the internet is by far the best thing however in light of recent events I’ve
began to reconsider.
![]() |
| Tom Milsom |
![]() |
| Mike Lomardo |
Since March 2014 stories about famous Youtubers abusing
their position as role models for young fans have surfaced for 20 different
people. This is outrageous and it’s starting to hit closer and close to home.
1 Tom Milsom
Accusation: Raping his 15 year old girlfriend when he was 22
2 Mike Lombardo
Accusation: Abusive in a relationship
![]() |
| Alex Day |
3 Alex Day
Accusation: Abusive in a relationship, approaching underage
girls, non consensual sexual advances
![]() |
| Josh Macdeo |
4 Josh Macedo
Accusation: Non consensual sexual advances on underage girls
![]() |
| Kelly Montoya |
5 Kelly Montoya
Accusation: Rape and sexual abuse
6 Danny Hooper
Accusation: Rape of 15 year old girl
Accusation: Rape of 15 year old girl
![]() |
| Danny Hooper |
![]() |
| Alex Carpenter |
7 Alex Carpenter
Accusation: Non consensual sexual advances on a 16 year old girl, he was 25.
Accusation: Non consensual sexual advances on a 16 year old girl, he was 25.
8 Adam Roach
Accusation: Underage sexual abuse, she was 15 he was 22.
![]() |
| Luke Conard |
9 Luke Conard
Accusation: Abusive underage relationship, 7 year age gap
The list goes on…..
Recently Sam Pepper and Jason (VeeOneEye) have been ‘outed’ as rapists and sexual abusers but the difference with these guys are, they tried to cover it up.
Recently Sam Pepper and Jason (VeeOneEye) have been ‘outed’ as rapists and sexual abusers but the difference with these guys are, they tried to cover it up.
![]() |
| Sam Pepper |
Sam Pepper made a video where he went around London pinching women’s butts for a ‘prank’, this caught the Youtube communities attention to the point people realised that his past videos (which include lassoing women in the street, forcing women to kiss him on the beach) are also sexual abuse. Sam Pepper however tried to cover it up by saying the entire thing was staged and proceeded to upload 2 extra to parts to his latest video, a behind the scenes film and a vlog in which he explains the entire thing was to highlight MALE sexual harassment. However it seems to be brilliant timing that these two videos appeared after the Youtube community had already blacklisted him. When Youtube Feminist Laci Green posted an open letter to Sam Pepper she instantly got a huge 100,000 strong following including Youtube big names Hank and John Green. This then made Sam Pepper threaten Laci about making a video on the subject, which she thankfully did anyway.
![]() |
| VeeOneEye |
With Jason VeeOneEye he acknowledged that what he did (as described in a video by a victim, Animagas) however he used his Mormon (Seen here in his unlisted, non advertised appology video) upbringing and social awkwardness as an excuse and still tried to act as he did nothing wrong. However more and more people started coming forward with accusations of rape and sexual advances
Both Sam and Jason now have court cases against them and have been dropped by
their Youtube Label.
Personally this hit home for me when a Youtuber I look up too a lot Evan Edinger uploaded a video in which he broke down because he was very good friends with Jason and had done nothing about the things he was doing. Now I am very much aware that he is not a victim but something I want to bring to light is how people who manipulate people sexually also manipulate those around them.
Now this is about Feminism honest, I am so proud of the self proclaimed Feminists on Youtube standing up for what it right and blacklisting these people from what is essentially a very safe and loving community. Feminists (who seem to be the only social group talking) on Youtube and other social networking sites, who are ENGAGING IN THE CONVERSATION, have been getting hate from Youtube fans who don’t want to believe their idols are flawed or who, sadly, don’t see a problem in what they have done.
Personally I have received a lot of hate on the topic but I am in no way ashamed of talking about it and I can’t sing the praises of the big Youtubers who are also engaging in the conversation, at the possible price of their fanbase, enough. Taking about it is the only way it will be fixed and I urge everyone to learn and listen too as many people as possible on the topic.
A personal favourite, Consent, a Youtube music video by Comedy Duo OMFGit'sJackandDean
Personally this hit home for me when a Youtuber I look up too a lot Evan Edinger uploaded a video in which he broke down because he was very good friends with Jason and had done nothing about the things he was doing. Now I am very much aware that he is not a victim but something I want to bring to light is how people who manipulate people sexually also manipulate those around them.
Now this is about Feminism honest, I am so proud of the self proclaimed Feminists on Youtube standing up for what it right and blacklisting these people from what is essentially a very safe and loving community. Feminists (who seem to be the only social group talking) on Youtube and other social networking sites, who are ENGAGING IN THE CONVERSATION, have been getting hate from Youtube fans who don’t want to believe their idols are flawed or who, sadly, don’t see a problem in what they have done.
Personally I have received a lot of hate on the topic but I am in no way ashamed of talking about it and I can’t sing the praises of the big Youtubers who are also engaging in the conversation, at the possible price of their fanbase, enough. Taking about it is the only way it will be fixed and I urge everyone to learn and listen too as many people as possible on the topic.
A personal favourite, Consent, a Youtube music video by Comedy Duo OMFGit'sJackandDean
More video’s have been created by big name Youtubers on the topic
Video: Lex made a video about what CONSENT means.
Video: Hank Green made a video about CONSENT.
Video: The Science and Dangers of YouTube Celebrity.
Video: TomSka’s Guide to Gatherings.
Video: Charlie McDonnell: Sex & Consent.
Video: Bryarly Bisop: We Are Edited.
Video: Laci Green: Consent 101.
Video: YouTuve Abuse Recovery | Ann
McGavin (thegeekyblonde).
Video: Sexual Abuse on YouTube | Pottermoosh.
Video: Tell Someone | abb3rz07.
Video: Wrongdoings and Growth in Our Community | Teryn Gray.
Video: UNDERAGE SEX & CONSENT | hayleyghoover
Video: Sexual Abuse on YouTube | Pottermoosh.
Video: Tell Someone | abb3rz07.
Video: Wrongdoings and Growth in Our Community | Teryn Gray.
Video: UNDERAGE SEX & CONSENT | hayleyghoover
Now this isn’t a fun post but it was a post I was going to write anyway on my personal blog and I decided the more platforms this is seen on the better - it's also happened to be something that happened in September!
If you would like to read more, there is a Tumblr master post listing links to every accusation, acknowledgement, apology and video here.












No comments :
Post a Comment