It’s strange how daunting it is to make a controversial
project, especially on a subject that shouldn’t be controversial. But I know it
is and it just feels – weird.
I know I’ve spoken to people about it recently and they were
against my opinion, when it was something as simple as theft. People were endorsing
theft because it was online and it was seen as okay? I simply don’t grasp the
concept of it being okay. Especially when you are dealing with someone’s sexual
identity.
Tangent! I believe everyone had multiple identities that ultimately come together to make them as a whole. I also believe that people have a right to keep certain identities hidden from people (in the understanding that their identities are not harmful or dangerous – but that’s a given right?). I believe that a personals sexual identity is one of the most important because if a person does not give you permission, explicit consent, to view them it is illegal to view them. (Or it is illegal for you to act on it, if they are under 18 it’s illegal anyway (which isn’t the same for over 18s, it should be under 18 or if they say no but it’s all-legal stuff made years ago that people are to stupid to change)).
Now I’m going to give you an example/situation; you know a guy, this guy has a highly customised Bentley, this car is entirely unique – just not for the guy in question. You see this guy stole it from another guy but it’s fine he has more. Now this other guy doesn’t want anyone to have this car, he locked it in his garage, it’s his. But the original guy got it anyway and wants you to have it. Do you take it?
No. You see this is still theft, if you take something you know is stolen you are also stealing it. But the law says- I don’t care, laws have not caught up with the times; there comes a point where morals have to take over. (Note: Morals = Human decency) If a person does not give you consent to view or use one of their possessions you do not have permission to do so; you don’t do it. How much simpler can it get?
If you haven’t made the connection yet, yes this is dealing with the leaked celebrity photos that have surfaced over the past few months. It is my personal belief that people can do whatever they want with their body (I mean it is theirs.) and they should have full control over who views it sexually and non-sexually*. Mainly women, not going to lie, because in the first quarter of 2013 in America states proposed 694 provisions policing women’s bodies. You know how may mean had? 0.
If you haven’t guessed already I’m a rather political person, I have opinions on a lot of things but this seems to be around me at the moment. I’m kind of getting myself into a muddle though. I’m a researcher, always have been. I will dig as deep as I can into a subject before I make a firm opinion on it (Mainly because people who don’t know what they are talking about yet preach opinions on things annoy me so much). I also believe that art in any form is always better with an emotional connection.
So throughout my research you find little doodles of ideas and the further you read though my notes you see the idea develop. Because my opinion is developing alongside it, a trait I’m proud of. No matter how much I rant (Now conveniently labelled as it happens often) I will remain open minded because I know all too well about an opinion being formed without being educated.
Now everything I do comes with a chunk of text apparently so congratulations for making it this far! Thank you for reading and I promise when I sort out all this research in my mind I will have some photos for you to see!
* If a woman wants to cover her body because she doesn’t want people to see her neck, arms, legs ect she has every right to do so. Same with if they want to show people, you have no say in it. She does. Not you.
Tangent! I believe everyone had multiple identities that ultimately come together to make them as a whole. I also believe that people have a right to keep certain identities hidden from people (in the understanding that their identities are not harmful or dangerous – but that’s a given right?). I believe that a personals sexual identity is one of the most important because if a person does not give you permission, explicit consent, to view them it is illegal to view them. (Or it is illegal for you to act on it, if they are under 18 it’s illegal anyway (which isn’t the same for over 18s, it should be under 18 or if they say no but it’s all-legal stuff made years ago that people are to stupid to change)).
Now I’m going to give you an example/situation; you know a guy, this guy has a highly customised Bentley, this car is entirely unique – just not for the guy in question. You see this guy stole it from another guy but it’s fine he has more. Now this other guy doesn’t want anyone to have this car, he locked it in his garage, it’s his. But the original guy got it anyway and wants you to have it. Do you take it?
No. You see this is still theft, if you take something you know is stolen you are also stealing it. But the law says- I don’t care, laws have not caught up with the times; there comes a point where morals have to take over. (Note: Morals = Human decency) If a person does not give you consent to view or use one of their possessions you do not have permission to do so; you don’t do it. How much simpler can it get?
If you haven’t made the connection yet, yes this is dealing with the leaked celebrity photos that have surfaced over the past few months. It is my personal belief that people can do whatever they want with their body (I mean it is theirs.) and they should have full control over who views it sexually and non-sexually*. Mainly women, not going to lie, because in the first quarter of 2013 in America states proposed 694 provisions policing women’s bodies. You know how may mean had? 0.
If you haven’t guessed already I’m a rather political person, I have opinions on a lot of things but this seems to be around me at the moment. I’m kind of getting myself into a muddle though. I’m a researcher, always have been. I will dig as deep as I can into a subject before I make a firm opinion on it (Mainly because people who don’t know what they are talking about yet preach opinions on things annoy me so much). I also believe that art in any form is always better with an emotional connection.
So throughout my research you find little doodles of ideas and the further you read though my notes you see the idea develop. Because my opinion is developing alongside it, a trait I’m proud of. No matter how much I rant (Now conveniently labelled as it happens often) I will remain open minded because I know all too well about an opinion being formed without being educated.
Now everything I do comes with a chunk of text apparently so congratulations for making it this far! Thank you for reading and I promise when I sort out all this research in my mind I will have some photos for you to see!
* If a woman wants to cover her body because she doesn’t want people to see her neck, arms, legs ect she has every right to do so. Same with if they want to show people, you have no say in it. She does. Not you.
No comments :
Post a Comment