That confusion aside, I now have 8 usable images that I'm going to review with Leah tomorrow which will hopefully become my final project.
I do have some favourites out of the 8, 4 I'm pretty sold on, 2 I'm torn on and 2 I'm not too keen on although that could be due to me editing them in a weird way (they look quite different to the others, I think I missed out a step somewhere along the line!)
Favourites:
![]() |
| I have other versions of this picture that would edit better in my eyes, I just haven't got around to re-editing just yet. |
2 I'm torn between:
I really like this one because of it's obvious difference from the other books, I think the size gives it a very different structure and presence. However I think the post-it notes getting lost in the image isn't as ascetically pleasing as the others.
I was really looking forward to shooting this book, it's a notebook I've had for years and only just got around to writing in when I came to University. I thought the mirrored edge would be a great visual effect, I didn't however click on to the fact that you would see me as the photographer mirrored in the notebook.
The final two:
This is a very small book on bugs I took out of the library with the hope of using extra large post-it notes in, when I was shooting however the post-it notes I had with me just didn't look right when I was shooting so I stuck the smaller arrows I had with me. If I went back and re-edited the image I'm sure I could find a way for it be more interesting but for now I'm not to sure on it being a part of my final presentation.
In this image in particular I think the image is just a bit boring, I was trying to go for a standard organised look but that combined with the build of the book has lead to a rather lack-luster image. Although as I said for the last image I could probably re-edit the image to be a bit brighter and a bit more entertaining if needed.
But that is what I've been working on all week, I spent my Wednesday in the library with people giving me funny looks as I just walked around looking for interesting and diverse books - you don't get a lot of variety in academic libraries or local charity shops apparently, but I tried.








No comments :
Post a Comment