So today we started off our day in the sound studio where we began recording some of the narrator voices that will go over the top of our visuals, whilst it took longer than expected I'm pretty pleased with the results we got seeing as the four people we had recording this morning aren't actors. I think we conveyed the emotion enough for the audience to understand the severity of the situation, this paired with our visuals I hope will hopefully make our film successful.
After getting our paperwork signed off, we ran some chores around Farnham including hitting up the local grocers for some fruit for our studio shoot. Whilst buying singular items of fruit and making a big deal about their appearance got us some funny looks in the shop it proved to be really successful (after some help from Anne). When writing up our call sheets however I think we were a bit optimistic to get in and out with no problems on our first real studio shoot which is why I'm really happy we also have the studio tomorrow as well. I think now we are back into the habit of filming, which we haven't done in a while, things will go a lot quicker from here.
Famous last words, I know.
Tomorrow we are shooting our 'core' shots which basically translates to our naturalistic shots, these are the shots that we hope the audience will recognise. It's these shots that I personally, as a person who is still quite new to experimental films, value and appreciate in the mist of abstract work. I believe that to tell the most honest story we can we have to tap into 2 powers our audience have, the power of observation and the power of empathy, to tell any story these are the two most important tools you can use but even more so when exposing a story that most people turn their noses up at. We hope that using settings and situations people will recognise (observation) paired with the overlaid narration and abstract scenes will make people start to actually listen and connect with the stories we are trying to tell (empathy). We are also back in the studio finishing up some scenes from today that due to connection problems we couldn't film and we'll also have a chance to have a go at our Time Art Projects.
The call sheet for tomorrow can be found here [x] and I think that is everything!
Monday, 9 March 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment