Saturday, 21 March 2015

I tried and this time you can judge me....

So I finally booked out two cameras, set them up and started trying to frame my twin screen correctly. On Thursday I thought I had it cracked but at this point the sun had gone in  meaning my shoot for the day was over, however I was so sure that the framing was correct I just didn't move the cameras from their spots or the markers on the wall (post-it notes, anything else and accommodation would kill me). Come Friday I came home and immediately started shooting only to import the footage to find out one camera was shooting in the wrong resolution (I know, I know never assume. I'm starting to learn my lesson!), I re-shot straight away and when replaying I thought that would be final shoot.

I imported the footage and everything seemed fine, I then decided I would edit the footage over the weekend and work on some other things that night. Now I'm here with the 'perfect' footage realising it's not so perfect because basic maths exists and I didn't use it. 

I framed the cameras so the middle edges of the cameras matched up so when my arm went though it was pretty seamless aside for the slight difference that really can't be helped. What I didn't take into account was the 20px gutter that would separate the two screens in the final composition, meaning when the gutter was in place the screens just looked odd. Here was this one arm that should have been passing through the screens but instead was getting cut off at one point, carried over and continuing.... it looked weird basically.  


I tried to fix it in AE but the only way I could do it was by zooming in on one side and zooming out on the other meaning they were out of proportion and one had a slight border. So tomorrow I re-film (thankfully this is only a shot piece) and I leave a slight gap between the cameras. I will eventually crack this project, it will happen. Preferably sooner rather than later. 

3 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAAAAAAT, I thought the set up was perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Rachel for doing tests and learning from them as well as leaving enough time to get it right!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com