I want to film my project with a neutral background that has flaws in someway (dents or scratches, not completely noticeable but there nonetheless) I think a perfect background (like a studio space) would take away the grounded look I want it to have so people associate it with humans rather than robots. The idea for this piece is that as human we invite technology into our lives and eventually they will take over the spaces that we inhabit.
Filming two parts that have to match up perfectly proved difficult although I didn't realise how much so until I got to editing. I decided to edit each segment individually, pre-compose and then add everything together at the end however I didn't get past the first scene because whilst filming I had managed to change my position making me a bit closer to the camera than I was when shooting the left side of the screen, I also moved faster and didn't match up with the other side. I tried editing them in different ways, scaling up/down, changing the speed ect. But honestly it just seems more trouble than it's worth when the same effect can be made by simply putting two cameras next to each other.
I did get some bits to match up but only for a few seconds before they were out of time again, although they did look pretty cool when they matched up.
Now tomorrow I'm going to ask in the equipment store if they can help me out with 2 cameras (that film video) and hopefully I'll get filming this project over with so I can get started on the fun part - actually editing it. I'm quite surprised at how excited I am to see this project turn out, on the condition that from this point onwards nothing and I mean nothing at all goes wrong. But let's be honest it's inevitable.



No comments :
Post a Comment