Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Bookmark it.

So I went into the studio on Monday and started taking some pictures for a trial run of my photo series, I had diagrams that I was trying to follow based on how people go out of their way to remember textbook information. When I was in the studio we ran into some problems with the flash (how we connected all of our cameras plus next doors cameras to our lights we still don't know), since I was just taking trial photos I didn't think anything of it.
Unedited

unedited


I tried to keep a minimalist look about the photos wanting them to fall into similar sized grids almost just with different things filling them. I did multiple set ups but I didn't have all the dressing with me at the studio (I forgot a few things), because of this I finished earlier than I planned and decided to make the most of having the studio and started playing around with the lighting.


As I said in my presentation I really like the look of books when the pages are falling naturally, I decided that since I had copious amounts of post-it notes with me I would have a mess around with the different angles I could photograph the books with the arrows in it. After speaking with Leah and showing her the images, I've decided that it's that I'm going to take forward to my final photoshoot because the images I got I'm really happy with.



I'm going to go back to the library and find some books with post-it notes in them and ones with interesting structure, for instance if they have coloured spines, hardback/paperback things like that. After that I'm going to book out the studio again and take similar photos for my final edit.


No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com