After making my presentation Lawrence said he noticed that I mentioned books a lot, I expressed my interest in when people leave notes in books or bookmarks in library books, I've always found it interesting to see what it was about that page or sentence that made that person when to remember it.
So on Thursday I went to the library will the intention of getting out some books that had bookmarks, post-it notes or pencil marks in them and I found loads. I want to photograph them to show how people can leave a physical lasting memory whilst in their quest to remember something themselves.
I did however do a very vague version of my original project before I was told it wasn't going to get me the best grade. I found a video of my Gran during Christmas 2011 cheating whilst playing a pinball game she had bought for my cousin, I took all the colours I could find in the footage and made a graphic containing them. I did have other ideas such as sound-waves, key framing and other things that I might still do outside of Uni.
I'm currently working on still-life photography based on how we actively try to remember things, I'm taking inspiration for this from studying techniques I learned whilst doing my A Levels including repetition, relearning and colour coding. I'm also looking a the scientific knowledge we have on memory, I've been watching a Youtube channel called CrashCourse and their Physc series on memory, these two videos in particular have proven really useful in getting my head around how memory works.
I've got some diagrams of how I want the stills to look and we have booked the studio out for tomorrow for me to get a good set of practice shots so I can make my final decision on what I want in frame.

No comments :
Post a Comment