I was doodling whilst watching Beauty and The Beast - this happened.
Whilst looking at Male Gaze (For my video project) I was reminded of an argument I saw on Tumblr a while back - I went and found it again and was actually quite intrigued by it. Click here to see it!
When reading it I couldn't help but agree with the idea it was presenting, I've since looked at this projection of male fulfilment in other Disney films (simply because I find animation to be a clearer indiction of this since the animators have to create something from scratch, this is exactly how they imagined these characters) I found an interesting paper from Dundee University in which they discuss that in it's entirety, found here.
This got me thinking about how the internet has influence my way of thinking on other things, I personally didn't think much of feminism until I started reading comments on my favourite book series/tv shows/films ect and I read all those critiques online. Sites like Tumblr have been a factor in how I form my opinions of the subject in the current social climate because posts are made instantly. Now I'm not under the naive impression that everything on the internet is the truth nor should it be taken seriously, but seeing these comments have encouraged me and many others to undertake more research into what's actually going on this world. I remember seeing a post called '2014 the year Women stopped taking shit from the media' but at the moment I can't find it - I did however come across this video which gives the viewer some food for thought so to speak.
So I'm still working on my idea but I have one which is more than I had last week, I actually have a few now it's just the case of figuring out which one to pitch on Tuesday.
Welcome to my blog, here you will find everything I'm currently working on during my degree along with some... insights into my mind. I guess that what you could call it, insight.
Also please bare in mind all opinions written on this blog are correct at the time of posting however, you know people grow up, some of them might change. Don't hold me too them.
No comments :
Post a Comment