Monday, 2 February 2015

It makes noise!

I've always loved writing music and playing around with it in Cubase but when I started Music Tech (and evidently now) I do find it hard to drift away from what can be seen as traditional composition methods. For example; sitting down at piano and figuring out the key, the meaning behind minor or major, what motif would fit best? That kind of thing, but then again I've only ever composed for theatre, and pretty badly at that.

Something I've found today is that no matter what sounds I have I edited them so they fit my idea of an instrument so I could create some kind of riff or beat. Now whilst in theory this works for me I'm beginning to think I'm loosing the raw quality of the recordings by taking away their literal identity. Although trying to turn sounds from a pool table into a guitar riff and drum beat is pretty fun - at times infuriating - but still fun.

Here's a little file I created on Friday entirely out of sounds from a Pool table and some Water;

No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com