Thursday, 26 February 2015

I tried!



So when I first set out to learn After Effects I was pretty useless (and still am, let's not get ahead of ourselves), but I am getting better. However after hearing from the class that the Set Extension tutorial would prove difficult I sat down only to fall at the first hurdle. I was trying to do the Optics compensation and I did everything that the tutorial was telling me to but it just wasn't looking the same or even remotely similar. 

What I was supposed to get


What I actually got, a zoomed in version of the original clip
That aside I have been playing around with AE in my own time and created a 'Magic Orb' thanks to a tutorial on VideoCoPilot, I never finished the entire tutorial (It was supposed to zoom through the sphere but AE wasn't having any more rendering that night) but I did like the effect I got in the end.


I also exported some of the files we've been working on in class, here is the 3D text trial and the Mocha trial.




So there's a bit of an update, I do now have an idea for my time art project and I'm currently researching around it, if it's possible and starting to storyboard the idea.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com